Assess their risks, liquidity, returns, and timeframes
DiversyFund's minimum investment amounts differ by investment type. It's $500 for Growth REITs targeting multifamily properties. For accredited investors, Premier Direct SPVs require a $50,000 minimum, while the Premier Opportunity Fund has a $25,000 minimum.
Fundhomes sets its minimum investment threshold at $100, with shares available at $10.
Investing in DiversyFund carries risks such as market changes, economic factors, and specific property risks, and there's always the potential for loss, including the initial investment.
Investing in Fundhomes carries risks such as potential loss of capital, market fluctuations, and regulatory changes affecting profitability. Investments are generally illiquid with a long-term exit strategy, and early withdrawal may result in penalties. A secondary market to improve liquidity is under consideration but not guaranteed.
DiversyFund investments are illiquid, with capital committed for approximately 5 to 7 years. There is no secondary market or immediate option for investors to sell their shares prior to the end of the investment term.
Fundhomes offers liquidity options including automatic share sales when properties are sold (5-10 years), a secondary market for selling shares to other investors, and a buyback program, with potential early sale penalties within the first year.
DiversyFund has historically reported annual returns between 11% and 18%, but future returns can vary and are not guaranteed.
Investors in Fundhomes can expect cash dividends from rental income, projected at a hypothetical rate of 6.62% per year, and property appreciation, estimated at 4.74% per year, upon sale within 5-10 years. This totals a hypothetical annual return of 11.36%.
DiversyFund's REIT I has an investment term of 5-7 years, and the company is using the full term to maximize property values before sale and subsequent investor disbursements.
The investment time horizon at Fundhomes is typically 5 to 10 years, focusing on long-term gains from rental income and property appreciation.
DiversyFund's Growth Offerings are accessible to all investors, while its Premier Offerings are restricted to accredited investors only.
To invest in Fundhomes, one must be a U.S. Citizen or a resident of the U.S. with a valid Social Security Number.
Real estate assets on DiversyFund can experience volatility due to market conditions, interest rates, and local economic trends, potentially impacting property values and investment performance.
Fundhomes' vacation rental properties face real estate market volatility, with valuations influenced by economic shifts, interest rates, and regulatory changes.
DiversyFund is subject to SEC regulations and conducts regular audits to ensure financial transparency. These audits and disclosures are available for investor review as part of the company's compliance with regulatory standards.
Fundhomes utilizes Regulation A for public offerings, enabling investors to buy shares in Series LLCs that each own a vacation rental property. This approach grants investors partial ownership in a property, with all details outlined in SEC-filed offering circulars.
DiversyFund's properties are generally insured against physical damage, but this insurance does not cover market-related losses or economic downturns, and it may not fully cover the properties' market value.
Fundhomes insures its properties against physical damage, but this doesn't cover market risks or regulatory changes affecting property values. Insurance limits may also not match property market values.
DiversyFund generally reinvests dividends into property renovations rather than distributing them, supporting a strategy aimed at long-term asset appreciation.
Investors in Fundhomes receive quarterly dividends derived from the net rental income of vacation rental properties, after deducting operational expenses. These dividends reflect a portion of the property's profitability but are not guaranteed and can fluctuate based on occupancy rates and market conditions.
DiversyFund collects asset management fees and transaction fees, and may also earn a promote interest from net profits after investors receive their returns.
Fundhomes earns through fees for property and asset management. This includes handling vacation rental operations like maintenance and guest services, as well as overseeing investment strategies and performance.
DiversyFund provides Form 1099-DIV and/or Form K-1 for tax reporting, accessible online, with dividends taxed as ordinary income and end-of-term distributions potentially as capital gains.
Fundhomes provides K-1 Tax Forms for each investment property, detailing investors' share of income, deductions, and credits. Typically, these forms are issued by March 15th each year, with an IRS extension deadline of September 15th if needed.